The children of our small but very beautiful country, almost do not travel. They rarely come to the capital of the country. Even if they come, parents take them to the souks and markets to buy the school uniform, and skip the fun part! Parents themselves, when visiting Bishkek relatives for family events, hardly walk in the parks and squares let alone visit the theatres and museums.
Meanwhile, as it turned out, the cultural and educational tour in Bishkek is very popular with the children! As you might know, the Foundation established special award to three winners of “THE FIRST TEACHER” annual contest of elementary school teachers of rural areas in the form of a cultural and educational trip to Bishkek of all their students in the class. This is in addition to the Foundation Award to the 1st place winner – a 10-day cultural and educational trip to Moscow.
In the last contest that took place in September 2016, the following teachers of elementary school won the first three places:
- Jolchubaeva Aigul Seidekerimova from Lenin school of Bakai-Ata village, Bakay-Ata district, Talas region
- Primberdieva Sergul Israilovna from the school №38 in the name of Jibek Isaeva, Bulolu village, Alay district of Osh region
- Akmatalieva Janyl Duishekeeva from the school of Kichi-Kemin village, of Kemin district of Chui oblast
Thanks to these teachers’ winning of the competition, the students of Bakay-Ata, Bulolu, and Kichi-Kemin got the chance to take part in this journey!
Children from the village of Bakay-Ata and Bulolu visited Bishkek from 21st to 23rd of April 2017, students from the village of Kichi-Kemin – from 28th to 30th of April 2017.
Here is the PROGRAM:
- Children arrived at boarding school BILIMKANA-Kant. Bulolu students came by plane from Osh, and Bakai-Ata and the Kichi-Kemin students by buses. On their way to Bishkek, children from Kichi-Kemin visited the BURANA Museum complex and had guided tour of the tower.
- Housed in the rooms of boarding school BILIMKANA-Kant for the night.
- Breakfast at the boarding school BILIMKANA-Kant.
- Children boarded to the comfortable 50-seater bus on the road: Kant – Bishkek. On the way to the city children discussed with the volunteer-guide Amangeldy Jumabay different topics – e.g. what distinguishes the city from the village, what they know about Bishkek, what is the art of sculpture and how it differs from the monument. Learned about the theaters, ballet and the Opera, about the drama theatre.
- The performance in the Musa Jangaziev Puppet Theatre “I would like to know it all” based on the tale of Rudyard Kipling about the small elephant (April 22) and the “Tom thumb” – version based on Kyrgyz folk tales (April 29)
- Tour of the theatre backstage. Communication with the lead actor.
- Lunch together at the coffee shop BUBLIK. The kids loved the lunch!
- After lunch, walk to the monument to the strong man Kojomkul next to the Sport Palace. Children listened to the story of Kojomkul extraordinary personality, made photos and measure their palms to the hero’s handprint.
- Next point – the square of Ala-Too cinema theater with ZERO KM in it, everyone wanted to know which side is their native village and how far.
- It was natural, of course, to move on to the monument to Kurmanjan Datka and listen to the story about her from the guide, and share what everyone already knew about her, and then to make photos in front of the monument.
- Children went to the MUSEUM of SCULPTURES UNDER the OPEN SKY in lovely Oak Park, which is now in late April, pleasing to the eye due to fresh herbs and flowers.
- Kids were a little tired, so they were perfectly freshened by riding gyroscooters and double-seat bykes in the square between the monument to Kurmanjan Datka, the Ala Too cinema and outdoor Gallery. Densely planted multi-colored tulips were pleasing the eye.
- The next move was passing the Russian drama theatre, the monument to ballet dancer Cholponbek Bazarbayev, to poet Aaly Tokombayev, Museum of fine arts for the Opera and ballet Theatre named after A. Maldybayev.
- Tour of the THEATRE of OPERA AND BALLET with the art historian E. A. Myagkova. Lovely decor of the theater made a strong impression on children. They decided to visit the ballet or Opera later with parents, to plunge into the magical world of theatre arts.
- The next item of our program was the MUSEUM of FRUNZE with the guide Gulira Nurbaeva. It was interesting to learn about “house in the house”, to see the cart of the Civil war time, a model airplane of the early 20th century to get a little touch of history, and in general to understand what is the Museum and exhibits.
- Walk in the OAK Park towards the Ala-Too Square. They saw the square, the monuments to MANAS and CHYNGYZ AITMATOV
- Boarding the bus and returning to boarding school in Kant
- Dinner at the boarding school BILIMKANA-Kant (April 22). The children of Kichi-Kemin had dinner in the cafe “Grenki”, where they were greeted warmly, offered to have fun on the Playground and got presents of nice-looking balloons.
- Children returned to boarding school BILIMKANA-Kant and spent the evening being full of new impressions.
- Breakfast in the canteen of the boarding school BILIMKANA-Kant.
- Children sat in a comfortable 50-seater bus and went the route of Kant – Bishkek, to CHILDREN’s SCIENCE COMPLEX (DNA). First, the children participated in a SHOW with liquid nitrogen, and a flame that made them extremely interested, they laughed and participated actively in the action, answered the questions and quickly learned the new information. I must say young and friendly guides Jannat and Kanykey were well versed in the material and established good contact with the audience. Then the guides demonstrated to our children the action of physical laws with the help of special devices-exhibits and then provided them with the opportunity to enjoy the game with the devices. Visit to the DNA made a lasting impression on children!
- Children from the group of 21-23 April had pizza lunch in the restaurant “TYUBETEYKA“, and those who were in the tour on 28-30 April, got freshly baked pies and samosas for the road.
- The journey of the first group ended with the inspection of immersed in flowers Avenue of Youth, the monument to Manas Magnanimous, building of Philharmonic hall and Kyrgyz State University. Children left for Talas on the minibuses, and to Osh by plane. Children of the Kichi-Kemin also went home by the minibuses.
- Children “Goodbye” was so warm, they expressed sincere gratitude for this trip! The students of Kichi-Kemin together with the senior wrote a poem for the occasion, and read it loudly
Being the organizer and initiator of this Special prize in the form of excursion to Bishkek I must say that it was extremely pleasant to chat with students, which are so alive, natural in behavior, friendly and well mannered. This is where you can see the result of the work of the teacher! The members of the Parent Board joining this journey to help the teacher and look after kids in a new unfamiliar environment, worked smoothly and in unison.
Of course, Sanjarbek Daniyarov Foundation organized fully and covered the costs of children transportation to Bishkek and around the city, food, visits to the theatre and museums.
This time our Foundation got great support from Bilimkana Foundation that offered free accommodation, breakfast, and dinner for children, teachers and the Parent Committee at the excellent boarding school BILIMKANA-Kant! This is a huge help! I have to say, for more than 6 years of existence of Sanjarbek Daniyarov Foundation and the project “THE FIRST TEACHER” this is the first large-scale financial support! I would add to this a special skill and hospitality of the chef Anara and helpfulness of the door attendant of Asypbek Atakulov.
We got great help from VOLUNTEERS who were the guides around the city – AMANGELDY ZHUMABAI, employee of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea (the whole day April 22) and SYMBAT RYSKULOVA, private notary (all day on April 29 and the morning of the 30th). TURUSBEKOV KHALED and his mother JANYL TURUSBEKOVA photographed the journey. Our volunteers know how to communicate with children!
We thank for very customer-oriented attitude the people below:
- Zamira Toktogulovna Kubatayeva the administrator of Musa Jangaziev puppet THEATRE
- Guides Jannat and Kanyshay from the CHILDREN’s RESEARCH CENTER (DNA) and of course the Director Gulnaz Turbatova
Personnel of coffee shop BUBLIK (BAGEL), restaurant Tyubeteilka, café GRENKI (CROUTONS).Drivers of buses and minibuses of firm “Kyrgyz concept” – Ermek, Nicholaj, Emil, Dmitry and Manager of the transport Ermek Baydaliyev showed professionalism and sense of responsibility, thank them for that!This experience supported and strengthened my opinion that the education system, schools, Ministry officials, parents need to find a way for children traveling, and especially together with the whole class team.
VIDEO: THE POEM FROM CHILDREN AFTER TRIP ON 30.04.2017
PHOTO ALBUM OF THE TEACHER Aigul Jolchubayeva TRAVEL TO MOSCOW
PHOTO ALBUM CHILDREN TOUR TO BISHKEK IN 2015