Press release from the festival organizers:
ОЙМО-КЫШ 2020 OIMO-WINTER 2020 ОЙМО-ЗИМА 2020
Karakol, Issyk-Kul region of the Kyrgyz Republic
January 8 – 12, 2020
The Festival “Oimo-Winter 2020” is held in Karakol city for the first time.
The festival Objectives:
- Development of cultural tourism in the Issyk-Kul region of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Promotion of craft products on the market as part of the tourism industry, including crafts from the rural areas of the Kyrgyz Republic, with the use of the local agro-cultural raw materials;
- Creation in Karakol of a sustainable platform for organizing the regular international tourism events;
- Involving of the State structures, international and public organizations in the discussion of issues of handicrafts and tourism development in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Preservation of the intangible cultural heritage and the development of cultural tourism in Kyrgyzstan based on governmental-private partnerships.
The Festival Participants and Guests:
- Rural women, artisans and designers of the Kyrgyz Republic and Central Asia,
- Experts in the development of crafts and cultural tourism,
- Representatives of government agencies, specialized institutions, small ethnic Diasporas, NGOs and international organizations,
- Students, youth, tourists, residents and visitors of Karakol city.
The Festival program includes:
- Round Table: “Promotion of traditional crafts to the market as part of the tourism industry of Kyrgyzstan” The regional State Administration building, 103 Abdrakhmanov St.
The discussions at the Round Table will concern the development of handicraft as an economic sector, leading to increased rural employment, higher incomes, lower migration and, ultimately, improved quality of life for the population of the Kyrgyz Republic. It is expected that the round table will be attended by employees of various government departments, NGOs and international organizations working in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Handicraft workshops of women artisans from the regions of the Kyrgyz Republic. The regional musical and Drama Theater named after K.Zhantoshev, 24 Tynystanov str. Within 5 days, rural women artisans from Batken, Osh, Chuy, Naryn and Issyk-Kul regions of Kyrgyzstan will demonstrate under the guidance of expert D. Chochunbaeva, the master classes on weaving, embroidery, spinning, knitting and other types of traditional handicrafts technologies.
- Crafts Fair of artisans from Kyrgyzstan and other countries of Central Asian region The regional musical and Drama Theater named after K.Zhantoshev, 24 Tynystanov str. Reviving of the ancient trading traditions and continuing them in XXI century, artisans and designers of Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Afghanistan will display and sell their products in Karakol city located at the Great Silk Road.
- Kyrgyzstan peoples Folk Music Concert program will be proposed to the Festival participants and guests at the opening ceremony. The OIMO-WINTER 2020 Festival represents to the residents and guests of Karakol city Traditional Crafts of Kyrgyzstan and Central Asia as a new product for the tourism market.
Oksana Kononova – 0555-290 920, e-mail: email@example.com
Dinara Chochunbaeva: 0555 933375, site: www.oimo.global